If you are unable to access our official Website, Forums or Launcher, or are getting a -118 error code, this can be down to a connection issue. If you find that you're unable to connect to any of our services, please try the following:
- From Windows Start, search for cmd.
- Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
- If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".
- Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
- Once done, restart your computer.
Please also make sure that Black Desert Online is whitelisted in both any Antivirus and Firewall software that you may have enabled, and if you can, try using a wired connection. Avoid using any kind of compatibility mode too, and make sure that you are running the game on an Admin account with Admin Rights active.
Another step to take, is to make sure that your Router or ISP are not blocking the ports 8888 and 9991 - 9993. You can check this via the website found here. If you can see this page, then you are okay. If not, your ports are blocked.
If the provided steps do not resolve the issue, please contact our support directly by sending in a ticket below.