Killing a Calpheon Shadow Guard results in a high chance of Corrupt Crystal drops; similarly, file corruption may be a result of high system stress. How and why this happens is a long technical adventure only for the brave ones out there, but there is an easy solution in case you are affected.
Table of Contents
1. Forcing a file repair
2. How to Start Repair from the Launcher
3. What about Steam?
Forcing a file repair
You can force the Launcher to go into repair mode by deleting the version.dat file found on your game installation folder. Right click the Launcher icon and click on Open File Location. Then you will see the list of items in the folder:
How to start Repair from the Launcher
Please Start the launcher and login (if you do not complete the login process you won't find the option).
And then hit the cogwheel and look for the option:
What about Steam?
If you are using the Steam platform, you can verify the integrity of your game files by using Steam's built-in file checking function. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Restart your computer, and launch Steam.
- In your Library, right-click Black Desert Online and select Properties at the bottom of the menu.
- Select the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Files:
- This will verify the files and replace any corrupted or damaged files. It can take some time to go through these files.
- Some files may come up as "failed to verify". That is normal behaviour as they are local files that won't be replaced.