This article will contain general troubleshooting procedures and suggestions on a variety of common Launcher problems.
Table Of Contents:
1) First Things First!
2) Error Code 2001
3) Error Code 2002
4) Error Codes 12001~12005
5) Error Codes 12006~12009
6) Error Code 15001
7) Can't Change Region
8) You Do Not Have A Game Pass
9) Download Restarted
10) Download Speed Dropping After A Certain Percentage
First things first!
Most of the reports the Customer Support service receives fall into two categories - 1) The Launcher is crashing or 2) the Launcher has trouble communicating with the download server or login page. In most cases, general troubleshooting suggestions resolve the problem, so before making a ticket, make sure that you've gone through the procedures below:
- VPN - An important thing to understand is that all the login page really is, is a page. At various times, your computer may be unable to contact or get a response from our domain, something that may be due to your Internet Service Provider. A quick way to check if this is the case is by using a free VPN of your choice.
- Turn compatibility mode off - The Launcher likes to be ran with no compatibility mode options turned on. Doing otherwise may not only result in your Launcher malfunctioning, but also your game performance being affected due to inheritance.
- Bad DNS - Some Internet Service Providers use bad Domain Name Servers, it's no lie. We always suggest the use of either Google Public DNS or Quad 9, as described here.
- Hidden Admin - Sometimes the game will close right after you click launch. The best thing to do here is enable Hidden Admin on your system, which you can do by running your Command Prompt as an Admin, and typing the following command: net user administrator /active:yes
Error Code 2001
This error will occur when the client is running in the background while a patch is being downloaded. Make sure that all instances and processes of the game are closed from your Windows Tray and Task Manager respectively.
Error Code 2002
This error will occur when there is not enough space on your storage device. Free up some space for the rest of the download to finish.
Error Codes 12001~12005
These errors will occur when the Launcher has difficulties sending a request to the server. Make sure that you have temporarily disabled your antivirus and that the Launcher is allowed to go through your firewall.
Error Codes 12006~12009
These errors will occur when the Launcher has difficulties receiving responses from the server. Make sure that you have temporarily disabled your antivirus, the Launcher is allowed to go through your firewall, and that your Internet Service Provider is not blocking access to the domain www.blackdesertonline.com
Error Code 15001
This error typically occurs when you are attempting to download the patch while using a VPN. As some VPNs have either a size or bandwidth limit, they will prevent you from downloading big chunks of files in order to save resources for other users in the network. In this case, there is no other remedy than disabling your VPN or switching to a different one.
In case you are not using a VPN and the problem still occurs, this means that your ISP may be limiting or throttling your internet connection; in such a case, contacting your ISP's customer support service directly is advised.
Cannot Change Region
This issue is usually observed when the Launcher is ran in compatibility mode; even if visible, the "region" button or it's sub-options will not be clickable. To resolve this, simply uncheck the Run this program in compatibility mode for option found at your Launcher's Properties -> Compatibility tab.
You Do Not Have A Game Pass
Yet another side-effect of running the Launcher in compatibility mode. To resolve this, simply uncheck the Run this program in compatibility mode for option found at your Launcher's Properties -> Compatibility tab. Make sure that you are logging in on an account that holds a Game Pass!
Download Started All Over Again
This is an expected behaviour when the Launcher is closed mid-download; what happens is a brief file-check to determine where the download was previously paused on, so the launcher can continue from that specific point. Worry not, the Launcher will not download files that you already have.
Download Speed Suddenly Drops After A Specific Percentage
This is an expected behaviour when the Launcher is closed mid-download; during a file-check, your "download speed" will be based on your storage device's read speed, and will gradually drop to your actual download speed once the previous download percentage has been determined.