The Cache is a place where a lot of visual information and settings are stored for your game, and if you run into issues, clearing the gamecache often helps.
To clear your gamecache, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you have enough free disk space on your HDD/SSD
- Delete the UserCache folder in "Documents" -> "Black Desert"
- Delete the Cache folder in your game installation folder (easily found by right-clicking on your Launcher and pressing "Open file location").
- Restart the game.
- Connect to a channel that you haven't connected to before.
Deleting the cache will result in parts of the UI and settings being reset.
Following this method should also fix almost any future graphical or keybinding issues you may experience too.
If this still doesn't fix the issue, please attempt a file repair.
To attempt a repair you just need to do the following:
- Start the launcher and click on the cogwheel icon on the top-right corner of the window.
- Press on the "Click To Start" button, right next to the "Repair Mode":
- Press on the "Yes" button below:
Please note that, it may look like it is (re)downloading a massive amount of data but will only download damaged files after checking the whole install. It can take 5-30 minutes depending on your network and PC condition.