Over time we have seen some players having difficulty with the Name Change Coupon system and so we created this helpful guide to help get everyone on the same page!
First of all, some important things to note:
- The process removes the name currently attached and applies the chosen replacement.
- The replacement name must not be in use at the time of using the coupon.
- The changes are applied during the next scheduled maintenance - which typically falls on a Wednesday.
- Once a name has been swapped out, it is unusable by anyone until after the next scheduled maintenance.
There are 3 main types of Name Change Coupons for your characters:
- 1,000 Pearls: Character Name Change Reservation Coupon
- 1,000 Pearls: Family Name Change Reservation Coupon
- A maximum of 2 Family Name Change Coupons can be purchased per account.
- 3,000 Pearls: Guild Name Change Reservation Coupon
- Can only be used by the Guild Leader.
Swapping Names Between Characters
The most common question that we have received is how to exactly go about swapping names between two characters - as the swapping process can be a little tricky taking all the caveat rules into consideration. For the sake of example purposes, lets look at those rules again:
- The Name Change Process changes the current name with another unused name.
- Once a name has been swapped out, it is unusable until after the next scheduled maintenance.
In order to best explain the process taking these rules into consideration, we made a short and simple diagram that you can find below which should explain the two most simple ways of performing a full "Name Swap" procedure.
We hope that the guide helps to unravel some of the mystery that surrounds these items and the name swap process!
If you have any other issues, please check out the other articles on the Knowledge Base and if you still need help, send in a ticket below and one of our friendly GMs will do everything they can to assist you.
Good luck adventurers!