Black Desert Online works best with a Keyboard and Mouse. However the game also works fluidly with a game pad and this article is here to help you get it setup!
What controllers can be used with Black Desert Online?
- Most dual analog stick USB Controllers are compatible.
- While it is recommended to play the game with a keyboard and mouse, we have received many reports of official Microsoft game pads being very easy to set up and get operational for BDO.
- Other 3rd party controllers should also work; however, these may increase your chance to encounter difficulties during both the setup and normal gameplay operations.
How do I set up the controller for use on my PC?
- Many controllers come as plug and play, meaning that the first time you plug the controller into your machine, your system will automatically search for and install the drivers required for you.
- Others may come with additional requirements and we recommend that you visit the manufacturer’s website for additional setup instructions. Examples of these additional requirements are below:
- Some controllers are bundled with a disk or other media form containing the drivers. In these cases, follow the instructions to install the controllers drivers.
- Others require you to navigate to the manufacturer's website to download and install the drivers manually.
- If for some the reason the controller is not working, despite having all the settings correct, please make sure your controller drivers are up to date.
How do I use my controller with Black Desert Online?
Once your controller has been setup and recognized by your system, it is ready to added to BDO. To get everything hooked up, please follow these setup steps:
- Press the Esc key to bring up the Menu then click on “Settings”.
- Once you are in Settings, click on the “Game” tab, scroll down to “Gamepad Settings” and click the “Use Gamepad” Option.
- Once you have done that, click on the “Input” tab and you will be able to customize exactly which actions the buttons on your controller are bound to.
We hope this guide helps answer a few questions! If you have any other issues, please check out our other articles on the Knowledge Base or create a ticket below.
Good luck adventurers!